Designed with fortified tower flanges, Enforcer I-beam connecting rods are the ideal component for turbocharged and supercharged engines. The I-beam design has been time tested and proven as the most stable configuration in high torque applications. High combustion forces generated within boosted engines are capable of buckling a standard connecting rod that had been intended for a naturally aspirated application.
Ultra & Ultra Enforcer Connecting Rod Design Features
- Truncated arc tower flanges improve stiffness and reduce weight.
- Smooth notch free section at bearing housing shoulder.
- Pressure Angle Arches disperse wrist pin induced strain.
- Large web to flange transition radius.
- Full fillet intersection of bolt spot face and interior gusset surfaces.
- Stress spreading (twin rib caps) utilize the extended section concept of strength enhancement.
- Precisely machined (Trapezoidal Contour) at the tower base eliminating parallel flange harmonics and increasing weight reduction.
- Extended foot print at joint mating faces for superior housing stability.
- Min/Max gusset; our analyzed design minimizes material yet achieves maximum stiffness.
- Low carbon, high-alloy Timken specialty steel.