NOT IN STOCK, SHIPPED FROM DART.
Manufacturer's Part Number:31262044
Main Journal Type:OEM
Engine Block Style:Stock/OEM standard deck
Deck Height (in):9.800 in.
Cylinder Bore as Shipped:4.084 in.
Cylinder Bore Diameter:4.094 in.
Maximum Bore Diameter:4.625 in.
Engine Block Material:Cast iron
Engine Block Weight (lbs):280 lbs.
Main Bolt Style:4-bolt
Main Caps Included:Yes
Main Cap Material:Ductile iron
Main Cap Fasteners Included:Yes
Main Bearings Included:No
Rear Main Seal Style:2-piece
Finished Cylinder Bores:No
Raised Cam Location:No
Cam Bearings Included:Yes
Freeze Plugs Included:Yes
Notes:Chevy 396-style block. Block bores are .10 undersized to allow for piston set up.
Machine Work Optional:
- Fully Machined block
- Ready to assemble
- Square decked
- Torque plate CNC Honed
- cam bearings
- freeze plugs installed
- align honed
What is the foundation for a better big block build? It's Dart's Big M Sportsman Big Block Chevy Cast Iron Bare Blocks of course! Dart engineered the Big M to be the strongest, most reliable, and easiest to build big blocks on the market. Hey, engine building is serious business--thankfully there's Dart!
The Dart Big M Sportsman blocks feature:
* Standard 9.800 in. and tall 10.200 in. deck heights available for Stroker engines
* Standard 4.250 in., 4.500 in. or 4.600 in. bore sizes with Siamesed extra thick cylinder walls to resist cracking and improve ring seal (minimum .300 in. thick with 4.625 in. bore)
* Uses +.300 in. tall Gen VI style lifters. Modifications for Gen IV style are also available
* Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to equalize temperatures
* 4-bolt ductile iron main caps have splayed outer bolts for extra strength
* True priority main oil system lubricates the main bearings before the lifters
* Oil filter pad is drilled and tapped for an external oil pump
* Lifter valley head stud bosses prevent blown head gaskets
* Rear main cap uses standard oil pump and two-piece seal, no adapter required
* Mechanical fuel pump boss, clutch linkage mounts, and side and front motor mounts simplify installation in chassis
* Dual oil pan bolt patterns fit standard and notched oil pans
* Coated cam bearings, freeze plugs and dowels not included
* Small bore 396 version available